The Department of Economics is the second largest department in the University of Bath’s Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences for student numbers.
- We are currently about 40 members of staff engaged in research and teaching in the field of economics.
- Our research output is highly visible with regular publications in many of the leading journals in economics.
- We are currently ranked 6th in the UK for economics.
Research and expertise
- The results of REF2014 confirm that our research is of excellent quality.
- Our department is organised in five research groups working on Macroeconomics and Finance, Public and Environmental Economics, Labour, Educations and Health Economics, Economic Theory and Econometrics.
- We are contributing to various large-scale international funded research projects including GLAMURS, Econadapt and Nudge-it.
- Our research has a widespread impact on society which is documented through numerous impact cases.
For more information on our research please visit our website.